Returns for online orders:
Returns must be received within 30 days from the date you receive your order. All returns must be shipped pre-paid. We recommend using UPS or FedEx over USPS for tracking and delivery confirmation. Returns must be accompanied with a receipt. Please use the Contact Us form. View form.
View the list of non-returnable items below. If you receive an item damaged during shipment, please contact us immediately at (800) 624-4080. If you received the wrong item, there will be no additional shipping charges when we ship the correct item; however, you will be responsible for paying shipping charges on ALL exchanges.
Special Holiday Returns Policy: Purchases made beginning mid-November may be returned at any time through the end of January.
Return after 30 or (7) days:
Products are not returnable after 30 days for general merchandise and general books or 7 days for computer or electronic products.
Return within time limit, opened package:
A 20% handling fee will be applied provided product is in new condition with ALL packaging materials, tags, etc. Credit will be given on a Cornell Store Gift Card. Defective products will be exchanged for the same item only.
- Merchandise in non-resalable condition
- Items without packaging
- Cosmetics or personal care items
- Opened CDs, DVDs, audio books, or other items that include CDs, DVDs, or audio books
- Opened calculators, ink cartridges, media and some software
- Washed, worn or soiled clothing. Clothing must have ALL original tags still attached.
- Custom-cut Art Department items
- Cornell chairs
Computer and Technology Returns
All hardware and software returns must be inspected by Technology Connection staff prior to a refund being issued.
Computer hardware and software may be returned within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase under the following conditions, other exclusions may apply:
- All returns must be accompanied by the correct receipt.
- Unopened stock hardware and software may be returned within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase for a full refund.
- Opened Apple products cannot be returned.
- Most opened hardware may be returned within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase provided it is undamaged, includes all packaging materials, and is in resalable condition. A 20% restocking fee will apply on all opened returned items.
- Opened software CANNOT be returned for a refund. Opened software may be exchanged for the same title within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase if found to be damaged or defective.
- Most special order software may be returned within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase with a 20% restocking fee.
- Software licensing products CANNOT be returned.
- Discontinued, clearance or sale hardware and software CANNOT be returned or exchanged.
- Custom configured computer hardware CANNOT be returned or exchanged.