Returns & Exchanges
Submit a Return Request:
To return or exchange an item, contact us and someone will be in touch within 1-2 business days
General Merchandise Returns:
General Merchandise and General Books returns must be received within 30 days from the date you receive your order. All returns must be shipped pre-paid and we recommend getting tracking and delivery confirmation. If you return the item in resalable condition but without a receipt or in non-new condition, a 20% handling fee may be applied and your return may be put on a Cornell Store gift card. Defective products will be exchanged for the same item only. Price adjustments can only be made within 10 days of your purchase and only if the original purchase was made without a promotion code applied. Special Holiday Returns Policy: Purchases made beginning mid-November may be returned at any time through the end of January.
Computer and Technology Returns:
Computer hardware and software may be returned within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase under the following conditions. All hardware and software returns must be inspected by Technology Connection staff prior to a refund being issued. The following exclusions apply:
- All returns must be accompanied by the correct receipt.
- Unopened stock hardware and software may be returned within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase for a full refund.
- Opened Apple products cannot be returned.
- Most opened hardware may be returned within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase provided it is undamaged, includes all packaging materials, and is in resalable condition. A 20% restocking fee will apply on all opened returned items.
- Opened software CANNOT be returned for a refund. Opened software may be exchanged for the same title within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase if found to be damaged or defective.
- Most special order software may be returned within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase with a 20% restocking fee.
- Software licensing products CANNOT be returned.
- Discontinued, clearance or sale hardware and software CANNOT be returned or exchanged.
- Custom configured computer hardware CANNOT be returned or exchanged.
Academic Materials Returns:
Important Dates & Return Policy
Winter 2020 Course Materials Refund Policy
Items purchased for Winter term between:
- December 26, 2019 and January 18, 2020 are final sale and not eligible for a refund
Spring 2020 Course Materials Refund Policy
Items purchased for Spring term between:
- January 4, 2020 and January 20, 2020 may be returned by January 28, 2020
- January 21, 2020 and March 17, 2020 may be returned within 7 business days of purchase date
- Course materials purchased after March 17, 2020 are final sale and are not eligible for a refund.
Please present your receipt when returning textbooks. Textbooks purchased new must be returned in new condition, and wrapped packages must be returned in their original wrapping. Refunds will not be granted for opened access code cards or for course packs that are incomplete or written in or whose shrink wrap has been broken. The Cornell Store reserves the right to reject items for refund that are no longer in sellable condition, with the exception of product defects, incorrect order fulfillment, or other conditions deemed eligible by store personnel. In some cases, store credit may be offered for item refunds that otherwise do not fit all necessary return eligibility criteria. Refunds will not be granted for opened or scratched access code cards or for course packs that are incomplete or written in. Ebooks and Rentals follow the same refund policy as above except Digital Access Codes/ebooks must not be more than 10% accessed and pages must not have been printed. The Rental policy can be found here. If you drop a course after your return eligibility has expired, you may still request for a refund if you meet all returned merchandise conditions mentioned above. The refund request will be granted on a case by case basis and must be submitted online or in the store within 3 business days of dropping/withdrawal from the course.
- Merchandise in non-resalable condition
- Items without packaging or original tags
- Cosmetics or personal care items
- Opened calculators, ink cartridges, media and some software
- Cornell chairs