Payroll Deduction Program for Computer Purchases The voluntary payroll deduction plan from The Cornell Store allows active Cornell University staff and faculty to purchase computer hardware over 24- or 26-pay periods (laptops, desktops, tablets and printers all qualify).
Terms of the Agreement
- Initial payment equal to one pay period deduction due at time of purchase
- A non-refundable $20.00 processing fee due at time of payment
- Minimum purchase value of $250.00 with a limit of up to $3,000 may be deferred based on selected income
- Exempt employees with 24 pay periods (paid semi-monthly) will have 23 payments deducted by payroll (first payment was taken at time of purchase)
- Non- Exempt employees with 26 pay periods (paid bi-weekly) will have 25 payments deducted by payroll (first payment was taken at time of purchase)
- If an employee ends their employment with Cornell University, The Cornell Store must be notified immediately and the employee must arrange payment in full.
- Agreement can be revoked if paid in full by cash, certified check or valid credit card. No partial pre-payments will be accepted. The employee must contact The Cornell Store in advance to pay off balance.
Cornell Employee Eligibility
- At this time, payroll deduction is not available for employees of Weill Cornell Medicine and affiliated hospitals
- Must be a current nine or twelve month Cornell Faculty or Staff Member. Must be listed in Workday under the following job family group: Academic Non-Faculty, Academic Other, Faculty, Staff, Union
- Must be employed at Cornell University for a minimum of six (6) consecutive months prior to date of purchase
- Must have sufficient resources to make the payroll deductions
- Must not be carrying a balance on a previous computer deferment
- Deferment Amount Eligibility (selected by Cornell employee, honor system):
- Employees making $20,000 or below are eligible for up to $1000 deferred payment plan
- Employees making between $20001 - $39999 are eligible for up to $2000 deferred payment plan
- Employees making $40000 or greater are eligible for up to $3000 deferred payment plan
Item Criteria for Eligibility
- Item must be a Computer Hardware Device. Laptops, Desktops, MacBooks, Printers, and Tablets all qualify. Computer accessories may be added on to the hardware purchase but not as a sole transaction.
- Minimum purchase value of $250.00 with an initial payment and store fee due at time of purchase. The amount deferred cannot exceed $3,000
- There are NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES on products purchased via payroll deduction unless a product is defective.