Efforts by The Cornell Store to reduce the cost of textbooks for students:
The Cornell Store is continually working to find ways to help students manage their investment in academic materials. Efforts include:
- offering undergraduates the flexibility, convenience and lower-costs of digital textbooks through a subscription based all-inclusive Cornell Academic Materials Program;
- offering digital textbooks and publisher software for participating graduate and professional courses directly in Canvas through the Instant Access Program;
- offering an online price comparison tool to compare textbook prices from campus sponsored digital programs with the global market and other online merchants;
- educating faculty on cost-conscious textbook adoption strategies;
- helping faculty produce and convert custom coursepacks that consolidate academic materials from multiple sources into one cost-effective digital product.