• Home
  • About Us | The Cornell Store

About The Cornell Store


The Cornell Store serves the Cornell community by providing products and services to support teaching, research, and outreach. We support multiple units of the university by collaborating to provide retail services at physical locations in Ithaca, New York City, and online. We are committed to enhancing the student experience, facilitating engagement during special events, and helping people celebrate their pride in Cornell. The Cornell Store is a self-funded enterprise operated by Cornell University. Your purchases directly support university programs.


At the main store on central campus we carry textbooks and school supplies, supplies for art and architecture courses, and a wide selection of Cornell clothing, accessories and gifts. Our computer and electronics department within the store, called Tech Connect, includes the SmartDesk which provides 15 minutes of complimentary computer troubleshooting, PC/Windows based diagnostics; repair intake (certified for Apple and Dell computers); technology purchasing consultation; and Mac/Windows software consultation.


On the upper level is Café Jennie, operated by Cornell Dining, with Peet’s Coffee & Tea beverages, delicious baked goods, a wide array of sandwiches and wraps and seating. We also offer grab-and-go snacks and beverages, including items produced at Cornell.


The main store also includes convenient services ranging from many US Postal Service (USPS) substation services, UPS drop-off, and passport photos to banking, and TCAT bus passes. View a full description of the main store’s products and services.


For a listing of all of our physical locations, including a store at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City, use the “Store Locator” function in the top right of this page.


History of The Cornell Store:


The origins of The Cornell Store began in 1895 when a group of students formed the Cornell Cooperative Society in Morrill Hall. By 1925 the Co-op needed to move to a larger space in Barnes Hall.

After World War II the Co-op became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cornell. Plans for a new store building were developed in the 1960s, at the main store’s current site.